Wednesday 25 May 2016

Nautical Baby Quilt

What's that? This is a sewing blog and I haven't posted a sewing project in a while? Ok Mom, you're right.

A friend of mine had a baby boy in the fall, so of course I had to make a quilt! I went with some anchor and sailboat fabric I picked up in Nova Scotia a couple summers ago and kept the pattern simple. The four patch squares are made from various scraps, so the whole quilt (except for batting) came from my stash.


I loosely quilted some waves to keep the quilting soft.


I've been saving this V & Co chevron ombré fabric for a while now waiting for the right project and it seemed to fit well for this one. I had to add a bit to the bottom and opted for a pop of lime green. I confess I really like this backing combo!



It looks good in my living room too, maybe I should change my colour scheme...ha.

I ended my quilt photo shoot with some play time. I got this mini wooden kayak in Lunenburg and it usually sits on my bookshelves. I was trying to make it look like it was battling waves.


I think this composition is my favourite, though. 


I'm hoping my other baby quilt arrives in the mail soon so I can post it. Until then, happy sewing!



3 comments:

  1. There is something about a dark blue with a bright green like this one that just looks so sharp. This is a perfect little quilt for a new baby boy. I love how you used the small kayak to stage the quilt. Especially the battling the waves picture. Come on mail! Deliver the other quilt! We want to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! And the backing is awesome. Can't wait to see the next quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nautical themed quilts for babies. I think it's great that this quilt came mostly from your stash. Also, that kayak battling the waves is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete