Tuesday 27 October 2015

2016 Quilter's Planner

I'm excited to share that a block I designed will be featured in the 2016 Quilter's Planner. The Quilter's planner was created by Stephanie Palmer of Late Night Quilter. It includes monthly calendars and weekly spreads with to-do lists for work, personal life and quilting projects. Each week includes a different quilt block from a different designer - including me :) The planner will also include full quilt patterns from top designers like Pat Sloan, Amy Garro, Kitty Wilkin, Lee Heinrich, Mandy Leins, Yvonne Fuchs and Cheryl Brickey.  As well, there will be quilt planning templates, blank pages and graph paper to fulfill your designing needs. 


I know that some people like to make schedules and plan ahead and some people would rather remain unscheduled and be more spontaneous. Personally, I'm more the planning type. I've tried many ways to stay organized. I used to use an agenda faithfully, but over the past couple of years I've moved to using digital organizers as well. I have the iCal and Reminders apps synched on my phone and personal laptop so that I can keep track of appointments and to do lists. I also use the Stickies app on my work laptop to keep track of schedules, events, marking, lessons and other things at my two schools. But I also jot down notes on scraps of paper, type up quilting and sewing ideas in Word documents and sketch away on graph paper in my binder or blank paper in my sketch book. There's so much going on and new ideas are flowing constantly.

One of the things I miss about using an agenda is the visual of a weekly layout and the time slots for planning. So I have to say that so far, I LOVE how this planner is set up. It seems to have room for all of my lists, notes and appointments and as others have commented, it would be nice to keep everything in one place.

For more images and information about the 2016 Quilter's Planner and to pre-order a copy, click here.

This past year a quilt I designed was featured in a calendar, this coming year I have a block in a planner - what's next? ;) Are you the planning type? How do you stay organized?

No comments:

Post a Comment