Friday 28 August 2015

Edge Tote Sewing Class!

I taught my first sewing classes over the past two weeks. I hosted it at my local community centre with ten "students." We had a lot of fun! It was a great group, with sewers of various levels of experience (from first time to life-long).

We used my Edge Tote pattern and some of the ladies were so fast they had all but their handles finished the first evening. So some worked on making another bag the second night, while others made Arizona Wallets using Teresa from Dandelion Drift's pattern on Sew Mama Sew. It was exciting to see the variety in the bags, with the different colours and fabrics and quilting.

Here's my cousin Maddy with her finished bag - her first and I hope not only ;) sewing project!

Grey and blues on a rainy day at the lake.

Here I am on the left with the group and their finished bags and wallets. Thanks to all of the ladies who came out to make bags with my pattern. Hopefully we can do it again someday :)


1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your Edge Tote class. Not sure how you juggled us all,but you did a great job....even thought some of us may have required special attention!! LOL Your pattern was easy to follow and it's much more fun to sew in a group than at our table at home! Can't wait to see your next project Bri !!! Thanks again, Sandy

    ReplyDelete